The study of colour

The questionnaire on colours:

Question no1.

Do you like bright colours?

Question no2.

Why do you like or dislike bright colours?

Question no3. 

What do bright colours remind you of?

Question no4.

 Pick one:

Question no5.

Why did you pick that one? What does this colour make you feel or think of?

Question no6.

Do you like this colour? Why yes why not?

Question no7.

Pick one and why did you chose it?

Question no8. 

Pick one and why did you chose it?

Question no9.

Pick one and why did you chose it?


Answers: 

Question no1.
Person no1.
yes
Person no2.
yes
Person no3.
yes
Person no4.
yes
Person no5.
yes

Question no2.
Person no1.
As an artist myself I focus on colour in my work. It is the first thing I notice about anything and as a result I like to surround myself with bright colours. 
Person no2.
I like them in fashion. It gives them personality. It is eye catching. I am also drawn to bright colours. 
Person no3.
They are more interesting.
Person no4.
They are positive. 
Person no5.
They are different from the colours you find in everyday life. 

Question no3. 
Person no1.
Positive emotions and positivity in general. They often remind me of part of natural world which interests me the most. At the same time, it reminds me of far more technological themes such a neon and retro video games. 
Person no2.
Positive and happiness
Person no3.
Rainbow and hope
Person no4.
Rainbow and positive moods
Person no5.
Cartoons

Question no4.
Person no1.
pink
Person no2.
blue
Person no3.
blue
Person no4.
green
Person no5.
pink


Question no5.
Person no1.
Pink is one of my favourite colours. It is one of the colours that stands out the most. It is very bold and asthmatically pleasing
Person no2.
It is the closest colour to what I would buy like notebooks or clothes.
Person no3.
It is my favourite colour and it feel calming. 
Person no4.
It reminds me of nature and I like that colour. 
Person no5.
It feels the most natural out of all of them. 

Question no6.
Person no1.
yes
Person no2.
no
Person no3.
no
Person no4.
no
Person no5.
no

Question no7.
Person no1.
I like using earth tones in my artwork. 
Person no2.
I like browns with their tones closer to red more. 
Person no3.
It consumes all of the colours. 
Person no4.
It is too dark. Not positive. 
Person no5.
It reminds me of cigarette packaging. 

Question no8. 
Person no1.
First image. The use of colour, the green and putting flowers in natural environment feels natural. They do not feel trapped inside. 
Person no2.
Second image. It is soft in its appearance and it is dreamy. 
Person no3.
Second image. It is brighter. 
Person no4.
First image. In cooperate the nature vibe behind it and it has natural looks. 
Person no5.
Third image. Stands out from the background. Makes the colours pop more

Question no9.
Person no1.
First image. It is a colour explosion. Everything I want in art. It shows nature as something colourful
Person no2.
First image. More colourful. 
Person no3.
First image. More colourful. 
Person no4.
First image. Looks more natural. 
Person no5.
Second image. The colours pop more. 

Question no10.
Person no1.
Second image. There is a larger focus on the colours.
Person no2.
First image. I like the combination of colour better.
Person no3.
Second image. I like the blue colour. 
Person no4.
Second one. I like the bright colours. 

Person no5.
Second image. It has nicer colours and it is more aesthetically pleasing. 


As I thought, people are drawn to bright colours. They like them because they make these colours catch their attention and are more interesting. They also associate them with positivity and happiness. 

From here I had to look at online evidences of scientific reasons of why people like bright colours.

Reasearch on science of colors. 
https://designshack.net/articles/graphics/the-science-behind-color-and-emotion/

Comments