My final project is called “Parasite Appetency” and it will be build of my photographs, poetry and short (1min) videos.
Those are representative of what I want to do in the future. I want to work for clients as a photographer or video editor as well as work on my personal projects and exhibit my work as my art persona.
“Parasite Appetency” will be a great opportunity to show off my skills and the style of my art.
To be able to make “Parasite Appetency” a thing, I have to commit to my work and do not hesitate or self-doubt. I need to stay organized and open minded. At the end of the project, I want it to be exhibit and as an evidence of it, I will record the exhibition and analyse it in my evaluation.
Chapter one
Water
Poems:
1. I feel a little bit like crying
A little bit like hiding
And a little bit like destroying
2. Flowers were sad
They knew how short their lives are
3. You washed my soul clean;
It grew a whole garden
Photographs:
The person will have wet makeup on like in “without love”. They will be in a colourful bath with flowers.
Flowers represent the depression as something growing, having roots very deep inside a person. They also represent beauty and love. They represent something good and positive, like fighting with depression.
Film:
There will be a bathtub with flowers, bath bomb, book, music etc. It will start nice with nice music and the focus will be on the flowers in the water. The music will go bad and the image will glitch into someone cutting off the heads of the flowers with creepy music in the background. It will then glitch back to the nice setting and it focuses on the book. Then the sound and glitch happen again, and then we see someone ripping the pages off or burning the book with also creepy music in the background. The situation repeats itself. We go back to the nice setting and we see the pink or red bath bomb in the bath doing its thing and then the glitch happens and we will see someone hurting themselves. It will go back to the nice settings but it will be like the person just finished their bath and there is only rest of the pink bath bomb colouring left, leaving the bathtub.
Soundtrack:
Endless 2 1173/172 mixesPaul Mottram
Sentimental violin with piano accompaniment. Mono - crackly old record style
Hell's Harp 1122/92 mixesDuncan Pittock
Crypt 2007/135 mixesDuncan Pittock
Eerie whispering over doleful drone & creepy fx
Old Assorted Records » The Red River Valley.wav
https://freesound.org/people/ecfike/sounds/130145/
Chapter two
Fire
Poems:
1. You were never welcome
Yet you turned me into dust
2. You burned all my hopes until there was no me left
3. When you touch me It's like fire touching the wax
Photographs:
Dancing in sand/flour to represent the ash. Edited to look dark and dusty. Maybe with some fire or have the photo looking like it was burned a little bit. Black skin.
Location - an abandoned place
Film:
It starts off with pure darkness. Then we hear the sound of the match and the fire/light shows up. Match on action turns into the red dress.
Dancing in the woods in a red dress with fire and smoke bombs. Lots of close-ups of the dress and fire.
Cuts to burning objects: flowers - rose representing love, cut in half fruits representing a vagina. Representing passion.
Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_9SWfcp2wY
Chapter three
Earth
Poems:
1. My silence screams of loneliness
2. Fragile hands are shaking
They break easily
As if they were porcelain hearts
3. Love can't heal broken mind
Photographs:
A doll ebandonded in abandoned location - mix of beautiful and dark.
Film:
A doll in a nice place, brushing hair - extreme close up, painting lips, children laughs, doll dancing - only shape because of the light from behind. Cuts with dark place, abandoned place.
Chapter four
Air
Poems:
1. I can feel myself fading away
2. The wind took away my fragileness
3. There are too many words for me to be able to speak
Photographs:
A person being in normal situations but without their body
Films:
Group of people laughing and then one person being ignored. Sitting on a sofa / balanced shot. People stop moving and only that person can move.
How did I get there?
1. The title.
At first I wanted my project to be called "Butterfly boy". I was thinking about that name long before I startd the course itself. It was something I wanted to create but I did not have an ocasion to do so. This project seemed like it was a great oportunity for me to use this title. It referes to me, my depression and sexuality. I am assigned as female however I am gender fluid. That is why I decided to use the noun "boy". The butterflies reresent new beginings and a we all know, at first they are not very nice to look at. They also take time to become something else. I saw my depression as butterfly. It is nothing nice and it takes a long time to go away and bring the good days.
Having that idea, I did not want to put myslef into a box. I wanted to think about other possibilities and other things that may remind people of depression and represent what my work will be about better than "butterfly boy".
Since butterfly is an animal, I have looked at other animals that are associated with depression, something pathetic or something that does not live for too long.
I came across two animals:
One person told me that a lamb is a very pathetic animal because if it gets stuck, even if the way out is very easy, they will almost immidetly give up and die if no one will help them.
I have looked online to find an evidence of that and I did not came across such information, therefore I gave up on that idea.
With the Mayfly, I was told that they are alive for only one day, sometimes for only a couple of hours. I quite liked that idea, however I did not want my work to be assocaited with unnecessery negativity.
Of course in many cases depression leads to self-harm and suicide. I will not hide that from my audience, but as much as I want them to be awere of that, I do not want to make them feel like death is the only way out of depression. I also did not like the idea of people thinking that depression is something "quick" or "not for too long". It would be very missleading.
Then I thought of a parasite. The reason why it came into my mind was the anime called "Parasyte" (2014) adapted by Madhouse. I was talking about it with my friends and thought that parasite would perfectly picture depression as an organism living off another creature.
I was abolutely in love with that wordand quickly forgot about "butterfly boy". However my research did not stop there. I wanted to find some interesting words that describe the feeling of sadness or longing.
These are the ones I came across using website:
https://www.bustle.com/articles/93619-14-words-for-sadness-and-depression-that-dont-exist-in-english
1. Anhedonia- "the inability to get pleasure from activities you'd normally enjoy"
2. Depit - from French "the feeling of itching irritation or fury (on a small scale) that happens when you're disappointed by something, like getting rejected in love or not winning a prize"
3. Appetency - longing or desire
Then I looked at different words which descirbe pleasure, since a lot of my poems will be about love, something that helps me to get through depression. I searched for synonyms of "pleasure" on website:
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/pleasure
1. Ecstasy
2. Wish
3. Euphoria
From all of these words "appetency" was my favorite one, especially because it sounded really good with with "parasite".
That is how I decided on the final title "Parasite Appetency". Parasite represents depression and appetency longing and desires.
2. The Book
At first I wanted my final project to be a book; a collection of my poetry, photogrpahy and illustrations. Sadly my tutor told me that I would have to have it published for the project to be completed, which is absolutely rediculus and impossible to be releasided in a couple weeks time.
I needed to think of something esle, where I could still use all of those things that I have listed above. Exhibition seemed like the answer, but I did not have the spine for my idea. I needed a narrativ that would go through all of those things to turn the exhibition into a story. And "story" was the word that gave me the inspiration.
I decided to turn my exhibition into a book itself. One title, main character and four chapters.
3. The Poems
When I had theidea of the book and that I will devide it into chapters, I thought about the poems that I wanted to use. I listed them all from my instagram page and my notebook.


I tried to put them into threes. I made sure that their theme works between all of them and that each chapter is different.
When I decided on that, I noticed that there is some kind of a patern. I had some poems about flowers, some about burning. I was thinking about that and I remembered that during my A-levels in Art I started a project based on photogrpahy. The theme was based on five elements: fire, earth, air, water and spirit. At the time my work was based on Wicca and therefore it was something that would work perfetly with it. Sadly I never had a chanceto finish it off.
This time however, I used the same idea and turned it into chapters, since all of the devided poems worked just perfectly with different element. That way I created 4 chapter, fire, earth, water and air. The book represents the final element "spirit" as it represents me as a whole.
4. The greatest inspiration
What really gave me the inspiration for this project were baths with flowers.
I am absolutely obsessed with flowers and I love my baths. On my pinterest I love to look through images of baths with flowers in them.
I started imagining how my flower bath would look like, and since I am a media freak, I imagined some of the scenes from such a moment and how it would look like through a camera. And that was my eureka.
Going deeper into that inspiration, I thought of an amazing music video for song called "without love" by Alice Glass.
There she is covered in flowers, which eventually grow from her. She has an amazing makeup which looks very glossy, almost wet. It seems like something I could use for my photoshoot in the bathtub with a wet model souranded by flowers, which would make the link to the film.
I also looked at this film, beacause the women has her skin ripped by the growing wings and that was something that reminded me of breaking and it was also something similar to the broken skin that I was thinking at first.
I could possibly do a similar thing but with flowers. That woud make the link to the previous chapter, therefore make an episodic structure of the story that I am trying to tell, where each poem tells a different story, yet they are all linked with each other by my experiences.
Possible things that I could look at is the movie "Annihalation" (2018) by Alex Garland.
The film tells a story of self-destruction and its shown through cancer within the nature. The piece of a planet or a star fall into earth and created a closed but constantly growing "shimer". Everything inside it started deciding its cells and mutating them as they were growing in numbers. That created many different spiecies, that were mixed with each other. The constant mutation allowed all of the calles to mix with each other, therefore not allowing oe organism to die. We couldsee the infinity, when one of the charactesrs was killed by a mutation of a bear, which then was making "help me " sounds that sounded just like the character who was killed by the animal. It showed that part of her was still alie, but in the bear.
What I really want to take away from that film is the scene, where one of the characters starts growing flowers from her body. We could see them growing from her, through the scars on her arms, where she performed self-harm.
There is also a very interesting photogrpaher Cal Redback from Paris. He mixes photogrpahs of people with flowers and plants. His editing skills are just fenomenal.

https://500px.com/calredback
As much as I loved this idea, I was worried that maybe it will be too similar to the bathroom photoshoot. I did not want to have too many flowers going on.
I wasstuck so I looked closer at the poems:
1. My silence screams of loneliness
2. Fragile hands are shaking
They break easily
As if they were porcelain hearts
3. Love can't heal broken mind
The third poem made me think of my previous idea of an abandoned place with something lovely placed on the middle to show the great contrast. With depression, it is idden inside, so dirty and broken location could represent the mind of the subject.
The second poem reminds me of dolls. Something beautiful yet fragile. and finally the first one is about lonliness. I could possibly photogrpahmy subject, looking like a broken doll in an amandoned location, looking like someone just left her there, or a child lost her.
That would be the photogrpahy sorted. For my film, I wanted it to look like the first one where I show two aspect of asituation, so like with the water, we have a lovely scenario of a lovely bath time and it flashes with self-harm and destruction.
This time I could have a lovely enviroment of someone playing with dolls and then flash back to a scary, abandoned place with broken glas and dolls.
Maybe the dools would have their hair cut etc.
The great inspiration for that can be two music videos: "Paper love" by Allie X and "Dollhouse" by Melanie Martinez.
Those are representative of what I want to do in the future. I want to work for clients as a photographer or video editor as well as work on my personal projects and exhibit my work as my art persona.
“Parasite Appetency” will be a great opportunity to show off my skills and the style of my art.
To be able to make “Parasite Appetency” a thing, I have to commit to my work and do not hesitate or self-doubt. I need to stay organized and open minded. At the end of the project, I want it to be exhibit and as an evidence of it, I will record the exhibition and analyse it in my evaluation.
Parasite Appetency
Chapter one
Water
Poems:
1. I feel a little bit like crying
A little bit like hiding
And a little bit like destroying
2. Flowers were sad
They knew how short their lives are
3. You washed my soul clean;
It grew a whole garden
Photographs:
The person will have wet makeup on like in “without love”. They will be in a colourful bath with flowers.
Flowers represent the depression as something growing, having roots very deep inside a person. They also represent beauty and love. They represent something good and positive, like fighting with depression.
Film:
There will be a bathtub with flowers, bath bomb, book, music etc. It will start nice with nice music and the focus will be on the flowers in the water. The music will go bad and the image will glitch into someone cutting off the heads of the flowers with creepy music in the background. It will then glitch back to the nice setting and it focuses on the book. Then the sound and glitch happen again, and then we see someone ripping the pages off or burning the book with also creepy music in the background. The situation repeats itself. We go back to the nice setting and we see the pink or red bath bomb in the bath doing its thing and then the glitch happens and we will see someone hurting themselves. It will go back to the nice settings but it will be like the person just finished their bath and there is only rest of the pink bath bomb colouring left, leaving the bathtub.
Soundtrack:
Endless 2 1173/172 mixesPaul Mottram
Sentimental violin with piano accompaniment. Mono - crackly old record style
Hell's Harp 1122/92 mixesDuncan Pittock
Eerie whispered voices with demonic drones & spooky effects - played with:
Under Waterphone 2965/210 mixesRob Kelly | Duncan Pittock
Ambient & hypnotic waterphone, bowed gamelan & crystal baschet - or
Bottom Of The Sea 2879/210 mixesPaul Ressel
Gritty electric guitar over deep bass & oceanic sound design - or
Deep Seas 1038/122 mixesDuncan Pittock
Underwater atmosphere/sound design. Also available without whale effects
Crypt 2007/135 mixesDuncan Pittock
Eerie whispering over doleful drone & creepy fx
Old Assorted Records » The Red River Valley.wav
https://freesound.org/people/ecfike/sounds/130145/
Chapter two
Fire
Poems:
1. You were never welcome
Yet you turned me into dust
2. You burned all my hopes until there was no me left
3. When you touch me It's like fire touching the wax
Photographs:
Dancing in sand/flour to represent the ash. Edited to look dark and dusty. Maybe with some fire or have the photo looking like it was burned a little bit. Black skin.
Location - an abandoned place
Film:
It starts off with pure darkness. Then we hear the sound of the match and the fire/light shows up. Match on action turns into the red dress.
Dancing in the woods in a red dress with fire and smoke bombs. Lots of close-ups of the dress and fire.
Cuts to burning objects: flowers - rose representing love, cut in half fruits representing a vagina. Representing passion.
Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_9SWfcp2wY
Chapter three
Earth
Poems:
1. My silence screams of loneliness
2. Fragile hands are shaking
They break easily
As if they were porcelain hearts
3. Love can't heal broken mind
Photographs:
A doll ebandonded in abandoned location - mix of beautiful and dark.
Film:
A doll in a nice place, brushing hair - extreme close up, painting lips, children laughs, doll dancing - only shape because of the light from behind. Cuts with dark place, abandoned place.
Chapter four
Air
Poems:
1. I can feel myself fading away
2. The wind took away my fragileness
3. There are too many words for me to be able to speak
Photographs:
A person being in normal situations but without their body
Films:
Group of people laughing and then one person being ignored. Sitting on a sofa / balanced shot. People stop moving and only that person can move.
How did I get there?
1. The title.
At first I wanted my project to be called "Butterfly boy". I was thinking about that name long before I startd the course itself. It was something I wanted to create but I did not have an ocasion to do so. This project seemed like it was a great oportunity for me to use this title. It referes to me, my depression and sexuality. I am assigned as female however I am gender fluid. That is why I decided to use the noun "boy". The butterflies reresent new beginings and a we all know, at first they are not very nice to look at. They also take time to become something else. I saw my depression as butterfly. It is nothing nice and it takes a long time to go away and bring the good days.
Having that idea, I did not want to put myslef into a box. I wanted to think about other possibilities and other things that may remind people of depression and represent what my work will be about better than "butterfly boy".
Since butterfly is an animal, I have looked at other animals that are associated with depression, something pathetic or something that does not live for too long.
I came across two animals:
- Lamb
- Mayfly
One person told me that a lamb is a very pathetic animal because if it gets stuck, even if the way out is very easy, they will almost immidetly give up and die if no one will help them.
I have looked online to find an evidence of that and I did not came across such information, therefore I gave up on that idea.
With the Mayfly, I was told that they are alive for only one day, sometimes for only a couple of hours. I quite liked that idea, however I did not want my work to be assocaited with unnecessery negativity.
Of course in many cases depression leads to self-harm and suicide. I will not hide that from my audience, but as much as I want them to be awere of that, I do not want to make them feel like death is the only way out of depression. I also did not like the idea of people thinking that depression is something "quick" or "not for too long". It would be very missleading.
Then I thought of a parasite. The reason why it came into my mind was the anime called "Parasyte" (2014) adapted by Madhouse. I was talking about it with my friends and thought that parasite would perfectly picture depression as an organism living off another creature.
I was abolutely in love with that wordand quickly forgot about "butterfly boy". However my research did not stop there. I wanted to find some interesting words that describe the feeling of sadness or longing.
These are the ones I came across using website:
https://www.bustle.com/articles/93619-14-words-for-sadness-and-depression-that-dont-exist-in-english
1. Anhedonia- "the inability to get pleasure from activities you'd normally enjoy"
2. Depit - from French "the feeling of itching irritation or fury (on a small scale) that happens when you're disappointed by something, like getting rejected in love or not winning a prize"
3. Appetency - longing or desire
Then I looked at different words which descirbe pleasure, since a lot of my poems will be about love, something that helps me to get through depression. I searched for synonyms of "pleasure" on website:
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/pleasure
1. Ecstasy
2. Wish
3. Euphoria
From all of these words "appetency" was my favorite one, especially because it sounded really good with with "parasite".
That is how I decided on the final title "Parasite Appetency". Parasite represents depression and appetency longing and desires.
2. The Book
At first I wanted my final project to be a book; a collection of my poetry, photogrpahy and illustrations. Sadly my tutor told me that I would have to have it published for the project to be completed, which is absolutely rediculus and impossible to be releasided in a couple weeks time.
I needed to think of something esle, where I could still use all of those things that I have listed above. Exhibition seemed like the answer, but I did not have the spine for my idea. I needed a narrativ that would go through all of those things to turn the exhibition into a story. And "story" was the word that gave me the inspiration.
I decided to turn my exhibition into a book itself. One title, main character and four chapters.
3. The Poems
When I had theidea of the book and that I will devide it into chapters, I thought about the poems that I wanted to use. I listed them all from my instagram page and my notebook.


I tried to put them into threes. I made sure that their theme works between all of them and that each chapter is different.
When I decided on that, I noticed that there is some kind of a patern. I had some poems about flowers, some about burning. I was thinking about that and I remembered that during my A-levels in Art I started a project based on photogrpahy. The theme was based on five elements: fire, earth, air, water and spirit. At the time my work was based on Wicca and therefore it was something that would work perfetly with it. Sadly I never had a chanceto finish it off.
This time however, I used the same idea and turned it into chapters, since all of the devided poems worked just perfectly with different element. That way I created 4 chapter, fire, earth, water and air. The book represents the final element "spirit" as it represents me as a whole.
4. The greatest inspiration
What really gave me the inspiration for this project were baths with flowers.
I am absolutely obsessed with flowers and I love my baths. On my pinterest I love to look through images of baths with flowers in them.
(taken from my Pinterest)
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/lfairchild012/flowers/
I started imagining how my flower bath would look like, and since I am a media freak, I imagined some of the scenes from such a moment and how it would look like through a camera. And that was my eureka.
Going deeper into that inspiration, I thought of an amazing music video for song called "without love" by Alice Glass.
There she is covered in flowers, which eventually grow from her. She has an amazing makeup which looks very glossy, almost wet. It seems like something I could use for my photoshoot in the bathtub with a wet model souranded by flowers, which would make the link to the film.
▼△
With that I moved on onto researching for a possible soundrack. I already knew that I wanted to use both nice sounds and also some creepy ones. For the nice one I went for record player since it is something vintage - something I really like. For the creepy sounds I decided to use some whisper sounds. I found both soundtrack on Audio Network and listen them above.
5. More inspirations
Having such strong idea for one of the chapters, I tried to do some research into possible inspirations for other elements/chapters.
Earth
With earth, I wanted to make something associated with breaking, since all of the poems for this chapter are based around it, For example: "...They break easily..." or "broken mind".
I could not think of anything unique or interesting. The things I was having on mind, were broken skin like in horror films:
(photo taken from pinterest)
Having such strong idea for one of the chapters, I tried to do some research into possible inspirations for other elements/chapters.
Earth
With earth, I wanted to make something associated with breaking, since all of the poems for this chapter are based around it, For example: "...They break easily..." or "broken mind".
I could not think of anything unique or interesting. The things I was having on mind, were broken skin like in horror films:
(photo taken from pinterest)
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/449726712764116207/
To get some more inspirations I looked at a beautiful film, that I have seen many years ago. "Butterfly Woman" by Roni Kleiner shows a woman transforming into a butterfy. Flashy images, chaotic movement and darkness souranding the film fit my astetic a lot. Along side with beautiful soundtrack by The Cinematic Orchestra "Arrival of the birds & Transformation" it was the perfect video for me too look at to get some inspiration from.
▼△
▼△
I also looked at this film, beacause the women has her skin ripped by the growing wings and that was something that reminded me of breaking and it was also something similar to the broken skin that I was thinking at first.
I could possibly do a similar thing but with flowers. That woud make the link to the previous chapter, therefore make an episodic structure of the story that I am trying to tell, where each poem tells a different story, yet they are all linked with each other by my experiences.
Possible things that I could look at is the movie "Annihalation" (2018) by Alex Garland.
The film tells a story of self-destruction and its shown through cancer within the nature. The piece of a planet or a star fall into earth and created a closed but constantly growing "shimer". Everything inside it started deciding its cells and mutating them as they were growing in numbers. That created many different spiecies, that were mixed with each other. The constant mutation allowed all of the calles to mix with each other, therefore not allowing oe organism to die. We couldsee the infinity, when one of the charactesrs was killed by a mutation of a bear, which then was making "help me " sounds that sounded just like the character who was killed by the animal. It showed that part of her was still alie, but in the bear.
What I really want to take away from that film is the scene, where one of the characters starts growing flowers from her body. We could see them growing from her, through the scars on her arms, where she performed self-harm.
▼△
https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/26/17054502/annihilation-alex-garland-movie-original-script-alternate-ending-deleted-scenes
I have again, looked at the music video "without love" by Alice Glass, because there, we can also see flowers growing from her.
There is also a very interesting photogrpaher Cal Redback from Paris. He mixes photogrpahs of people with flowers and plants. His editing skills are just fenomenal.

https://500px.com/calredback
As much as I loved this idea, I was worried that maybe it will be too similar to the bathroom photoshoot. I did not want to have too many flowers going on.
I wasstuck so I looked closer at the poems:
1. My silence screams of loneliness
2. Fragile hands are shaking
They break easily
As if they were porcelain hearts
3. Love can't heal broken mind
The third poem made me think of my previous idea of an abandoned place with something lovely placed on the middle to show the great contrast. With depression, it is idden inside, so dirty and broken location could represent the mind of the subject.
The second poem reminds me of dolls. Something beautiful yet fragile. and finally the first one is about lonliness. I could possibly photogrpahmy subject, looking like a broken doll in an amandoned location, looking like someone just left her there, or a child lost her.
That would be the photogrpahy sorted. For my film, I wanted it to look like the first one where I show two aspect of asituation, so like with the water, we have a lovely scenario of a lovely bath time and it flashes with self-harm and destruction.
This time I could have a lovely enviroment of someone playing with dolls and then flash back to a scary, abandoned place with broken glas and dolls.
Maybe the dools would have their hair cut etc.
The great inspiration for that can be two music videos: "Paper love" by Allie X and "Dollhouse" by Melanie Martinez.
▼△
Melanie Martinez Doll House is one of the songs on her first album "Cry Baby" released in 2015. The whole album tells a stry of a girl called Cry Baby whose life was not the most pleaset one. To tell the story in a more interesting and unique way, Martinez directed music videos for all of her songs on the album and wrote a childrens book about Cry Baby.
http://melaniemartinezmusic.com/crybaby/#fb0=5
Dollhouse is the second story that Martinez tells us. It is about Cry BAbys home, which like a doll house looked perfect for everyone, but her family and herdelf. They put on masks of loving family, where in reality they faced many problems such as alcochol and drug addiction or cheating.
I chose this song and music video, because of the comparesment to dolls and their "perfection" as well as the lyric itself. It tells two truths of what is seen outside and what is hidden inside. It works perfectly with my idea of mixing nice thigs with scary things and shwing that depression is hidden deep inside and it is alost impossible to see it from the outside.
The song talks about getting deepr into a relationship, while knowing that it will hurt and not end well.
The music video shows the singer, dressed up as a doll and behaving like one. Then ew can see kids playing with her in a violent wa, when they paint all oer her face and clothing as well as cut her hair. The artist stays still as a doll would do. It represents being in that kind of relationship, where things are not going well and we are being hurt, but we stay in that relationship, because we cannot let go, we feel safe and we do not want to loose it anyway.
For my project, I looked at this music video, because of the use of a doll image. I liked how she was being hurt like a dolll would with her hair being cut and face being paited. It goes with the idea of showing the dark side in my video where the doll is being abandoned and unwanted; where the doll is being hurt.
It represents depression very well. We are kind of like a puppets and depression is the master cotroling what we do and thik and how we see things. The attacking us feeling makes us unable to do anything else but just feel it and allow it to completly over take us. It cuts our mind and paints on our eyes to see things that are not real, therefore it does what we can see being happening to the singer in Paper Love music video.
The songs tells about choosing the bad for ourselves and for me it meant that it is safe to stay with that hurtfull love instead of having no love at all. Similary with depression, it is hard to let go of it. After it leaves us lone for a period of time, it feels wird. It does not eel right. The feeling of miserable and devesated feels safe and it feels like what we should feel all the time and when it is not there it feels uncomfortable. We just wat for the bad feelings to go back, which is exactly what the song talks about.
From that point on, I could look at Junji Ito and his story about puppets.

The story starts of with a family : dad, doughter and two sons,who travell around Japan performing puppet shows. One of the brothers particularry hates the puppets and eventaully runs away. When their father dies the brother who did not run away takes care of his ittle sister. One day they find their brothers house, however when they get there, they can see that he and his family are controled by strings that are apparetly controled by his employees.
For me Junji's work is based on the fear of unknown. He does not explain his stories or gives clear ending, leaving his audience cerious of what happens next to the characters. The way he tells his horryfying stories also allowes people to look for different explenations and meanings.
His inspiration are the traditional Japanese stories of ghosts and demons that come from the times of Samruais where they had to tell each others a scary story to check who is brave and who is not. He looks at nature, human body conditions and fears.
From my perspective, a lot of his stories in fact look at the phobias, such as a story of a boy who was afraid that his neighbour will get into his room or a city of people being terrified of spirals.
In my opinion, House of Puppets shows how one of the suns feels extremly guilty after his fathers death, for leaving him, that he sucrifices his life to what his father's life was about - puppets. It got to the point where he imself become one of them. It can be also seen as depression. When he is not the only one to be controlled by the guilt, for me it shows how one broken mind influences people around that person. When your friend suffers from depression it also touches you. You are worried and anxious. It also shows that depression is just like a Parasite.
Similary, musician IAMX, composes music that talks about his experiences with depression. One of them shows him sitting on a doctor chair with a doctor and a nurse forcefully changing his persona by paniting his eyes and changing his haistyle.


For me it shows how depression forces him to hide how he feels and who he really is at the moment. It does not allow him to seek for help. It makes him look like a doll, like a puppet relying on someone elses decisions.
This music video remind me a lot of Peper Love They both show a person being forcfully changed. Especially with I am Terrified, it remind me of puttign a mask on. hat made me think of a great show where people must create props and costumes to change another person into a piece of art. I found the show accidetly, when I was looking at different makeup option for creating a living doll or a puppet.
One of the costumes was an incredible puppet doll.

In the music video, the singer dances on a wind with a long, see through fabric. She moves behind it giving the shapes created by the wind and material, more human look.
She also does float in th air, somethins completly disapear, making the material look like the ony thing in the frame.
I really like that image. I thought that I could do the same thing, by taking photogrpahs of my model, holding a red fabric. I would take the photo twice, to have the fabric and the plain bbackground, which I would then put together to get rid of the model.
I have looked at some fashion photography and how they used the flowy dresses on the wind. There is absolutely tones on these on google images.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=strict&client=firefox-b-ab&dcr=0&biw=1408&bih=667&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=ZCfNWu2TM9OugAbciY-ICA&q=dress+on+a+wind+photography&oq=dress+on+a+wind+photography&gs_l=psy-ab.3...18038.18790.0.18854.6.6.0.0.0.0.122.452.3j2.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.0.0....0.P5r5Rxlk1Y8#imgrc=Tm84-LM9a_OvWM:
That put me off a little. I did not want to do anything too similar to what have been already done.
I had similar problem with the smoke. It was used so many times and everywhere I did not know how to make it unique.
I have even found an artist who photogrpahs portraits and uses differet methods to deform a face. For example by using water or smoke.
Laurence Demaison (1965- ) produced a couple interestng series of self portrait, where she played wth the image of her own face to makeit more acceptable for her. Suffering from inability to accept and love her body, she used different editing techniques as well as water and glass to create an interesting and unique photogrpahs.

I looked at these images, because the artist used a very interesting way to show themselves to people and they managed to make an interesting images without showing the inperfections that they wanted to hide.
Demaison also produced fenomenal portraits covered with smoke. They experimented with the light and dark, as well as ,in the past, reflection, repetition ad refraction. In her work she likes to play with human body and how it is being shown and seen.

Sadly, there is too many photograph of people, hands, faces and objects with smoke around them. As much as I would love to do such photogrpahs, and probably will eventually, for this project, I want it to be more unique.
I did not want to give up on the dance, because of the natural movement of the fire. I tried to link different words from my list with the word "dance" and I thought of light.
At first I look at photogrpaher that I found through a video where 4 different photographers had to photogrpah the same model, but using eahc others techniques.

My work:


I really would like to incooperate this feature within my own photogrpahs to give the emphesise on my style and the idea of light.
More of Woelfel's work shows his models souranded by light. I love his photogrpahs, ebcause they look magical and like they were taken out of a fairy tail. More than anything I adore his editing techniqes.
On his personal ccount, we can see the before and after he has done. They are truly spectacular. I like how the light becomes brighter and image softer, while still saty sharp and clear.
I am mostly interested in his photogrpahs taken in the dark. He has probably done it to ephesise the artificial light from fairylights or neon lights.

It is important to me to try to re-create it, becaue I am planning to take photos in the forest due sunset to get very strong colors from the fire place.I believe that this artist may be a very good to look at in that sense.
I was also interested in writing with light. We have done something lke that for our creative worskshops, however I have nottaken much of the photogrpahs of the movement of the light, since I fell in love with the light themselfs. I have only a couple photographs of mine, actually showing the movement of the light:
I quited liked the idea of writing with light. My own phoogrpahs reminded me of different shapes that our mind looks for to recognise and tun into something that it remembers.
Pareidolia -
The scientific explanation for some people is pareidolia, or the human ability to see shapes or make pictures out of randomness.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pareidolia
Apophenia -
What psychologists call apophenia—the human tendency to see connections and patterns that are not really there
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apophenia
Psychtherapists use/used ink patterns for people to read from. Their patients would tell them what they see in a pattern and that way the psychotherapist could find a proble withing the one mind.

https://gdt.stanford.edu/how-do-you-create-apophenia/
We are often looking at the sky and we look for the shapes in clauds, or we wake up in the night and we are sure that there is someone else in the room. We are experiening pareidolia or apophenia. I really like it, because it focuses people to really look at the artwork and work out what they can see there.
When looking at my photogrpahs, they almost reminded me of the flames, and flames are random and in different shapes, which again can make us experience pareidolia or apophenia.
I could possibly take photogrpahs with a high ISO to make my model look like a string of light, like a flame. She would have almost human shape, which would have to be learned by the audience rather than being seen straight away. It would also represent the light, which I would probably add in editing or experimentation process.
I have previously experimented with that form of photogrpahy, and you can see it here: http://idependentclient.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/inspired-by-phil-oh.html
Another photogrpah that inspired me to do that was a photogrpah from a book
Patric Remy (2014) The Art of Fashion Photography Prestel London New York ( the book did not have the actual reference page)
The image that inspired me was taken by Billy Kidd (1980- )
His "Transience" exhibition is a very interesting approach to beauty and aging. To show the youth, he used nude young female bodies and to show the mature and old body, he used almost dead flowers. That way he showed that the beauty is not defined by the age.
http://www.anothermag.com/art-photography/3151/billy-kidd-on-transience
It also reminded me of Laurence Demaison who played with reflection, repetition ad refraction to create interesting body shapes that otherwise would never be possible to be seen.
I wanted to look more into this kind of photogrpahy and fine art. It did not only reminded me of flames, but also of ghosts, something blurry that we cannot quite see. It refferes to depression as something that is ghost like. We cannot really see it even if it is there. The image is changed, broken, as if depression could be a palpable creature. It can also mean that the person who suffers from deepression is like a ghost, like they are not really present at a certain moment.
https://petapixel.com/2012/12/20/blurry-long-exposure-portraits-showing-dancers-in-motion/
http://victorsong.me/blur/
I was thinking about the opening sequence for each of my films. I wanted it to aslo represent me in some way. Therefore I decided to show ymy love for vintage style and asthetic. I decided to use a countdown from old tv. I wanted to play around with it to see if it will work. I used a not gret application from my phone to edit the footage i a rough way to show what I am going for. I added the title of a book/exhibition and the title of the chapter. It aslo features the song from the crtain chapter and that, as well as the chapter title would change in each film.
I like what I made. I will make it way better when I can use premiere pro and play with the font and the way in which it will appear in.
I want the first couple of second of the footage and then I would use the last couple of seconds of it, so I dod not actually have the countdown there. I only want this old TV filter there. Then I would have my title of the exhibition show up ( i dont know if it will slowely appear or if I will use some other interesting technique). Then it will disapear and the chapter title will show up. Then the fiter will go darker (I would put a black image underteath and change the opacity of the filter) until the title stays on a black bacground and then they both disappear and the film starts. Another option is that there wont be black background but the film itself and then the title will disapear. I am not sure just yet and I will try both ways when editing.
As the song starts I may have the sound from the location to appear as well. For example the sound of fireplace or water.
Michele Parliament
https://www.juxtapoz.com/news/illustration/michele-parliaments-anatomical-worlds/
marco mazzoni
https://www.widewalls.ch/artist/marco-mazzoni/
This is a very brief research done only for the basic planing of what I actually want to produce. Some of the iformations from here will be discussed in more depth, when I am gonna plan and evaluate each of the chapters, in future posts.
▼△
The song talks about getting deepr into a relationship, while knowing that it will hurt and not end well.
The music video shows the singer, dressed up as a doll and behaving like one. Then ew can see kids playing with her in a violent wa, when they paint all oer her face and clothing as well as cut her hair. The artist stays still as a doll would do. It represents being in that kind of relationship, where things are not going well and we are being hurt, but we stay in that relationship, because we cannot let go, we feel safe and we do not want to loose it anyway.
For my project, I looked at this music video, because of the use of a doll image. I liked how she was being hurt like a dolll would with her hair being cut and face being paited. It goes with the idea of showing the dark side in my video where the doll is being abandoned and unwanted; where the doll is being hurt.
It represents depression very well. We are kind of like a puppets and depression is the master cotroling what we do and thik and how we see things. The attacking us feeling makes us unable to do anything else but just feel it and allow it to completly over take us. It cuts our mind and paints on our eyes to see things that are not real, therefore it does what we can see being happening to the singer in Paper Love music video.
The songs tells about choosing the bad for ourselves and for me it meant that it is safe to stay with that hurtfull love instead of having no love at all. Similary with depression, it is hard to let go of it. After it leaves us lone for a period of time, it feels wird. It does not eel right. The feeling of miserable and devesated feels safe and it feels like what we should feel all the time and when it is not there it feels uncomfortable. We just wat for the bad feelings to go back, which is exactly what the song talks about.
From that point on, I could look at Junji Ito and his story about puppets.
▼△

http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/itou_junji_kyoufu_manga_collection/mf/v10/c007/
For me Junji's work is based on the fear of unknown. He does not explain his stories or gives clear ending, leaving his audience cerious of what happens next to the characters. The way he tells his horryfying stories also allowes people to look for different explenations and meanings.
His inspiration are the traditional Japanese stories of ghosts and demons that come from the times of Samruais where they had to tell each others a scary story to check who is brave and who is not. He looks at nature, human body conditions and fears.
From my perspective, a lot of his stories in fact look at the phobias, such as a story of a boy who was afraid that his neighbour will get into his room or a city of people being terrified of spirals.
In my opinion, House of Puppets shows how one of the suns feels extremly guilty after his fathers death, for leaving him, that he sucrifices his life to what his father's life was about - puppets. It got to the point where he imself become one of them. It can be also seen as depression. When he is not the only one to be controlled by the guilt, for me it shows how one broken mind influences people around that person. When your friend suffers from depression it also touches you. You are worried and anxious. It also shows that depression is just like a Parasite.
Similary, musician IAMX, composes music that talks about his experiences with depression. One of them shows him sitting on a doctor chair with a doctor and a nurse forcefully changing his persona by paniting his eyes and changing his haistyle.
▼△


For me it shows how depression forces him to hide how he feels and who he really is at the moment. It does not allow him to seek for help. It makes him look like a doll, like a puppet relying on someone elses decisions.
This music video remind me a lot of Peper Love They both show a person being forcfully changed. Especially with I am Terrified, it remind me of puttign a mask on. hat made me think of a great show where people must create props and costumes to change another person into a piece of art. I found the show accidetly, when I was looking at different makeup option for creating a living doll or a puppet.
One of the costumes was an incredible puppet doll.
▼△

I considered creating the costume mysef instead of only drawing simple lines of my models face. I ave watched the whole episode to understand how the character was created and I got some great ideas, ushc as using cotton, lace glowes and stiched together pieces of material.
What also cought my attention were comments such as "all starts" or "bottom two2 that were used in the show. It immidietly reminded me of Ru Paul's drag Race. Both shows use those term as well as have their work room and similar rules to the show. The reason why I mentioning it here, i that in season 8 of Drag Race, drag queens had to designed a costume and makeup that was taken from the Oz character designes. One of the queen - Naomi Smalls, designed a beautiful costume of scarecrow.
(taken from pinterest
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/AY4xxV4M2X5v5fNmW0YNo5qZMQAmj4-OyICG9-tTrLJUBeU09vkfGUY/
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/309692911858253208/)
For the soundtrack, I thought of having something dolly and creepy. I wanted soe opra and maybe music box sounds. I also tried to look for sounds of sewing and stiching on audio network.
Mask are associated with hiden persona. We are afraid of them and find them fascinating. We use it as a metaphore of hiding, lying, protecting or scheming. It is both associated with something evil and sad.
In ancient Greece, during theatrical performances, the actors would wear masks with emphesised lips and eyes, which would represent certain emotions. It was used for the audiences sitting too far to see the faces of actors and the emotions ritte on them.
-T. Dawn Gatling-Coates
In 15th century Masquerades were a great oportunity to have some fun. People would wear hideus masks and others had to guess whao that person is.
Masks have also less positive associations such as robery or violence. Wearing masks stops people from seeing who the person is, therefore allowing them to escape and not be charged for their actions.
Automatonophobia and pediophobia - fears of dolls and things that look humanlike. We are naturally looking for information written on a face, looking for response or emotion. We do it to know how to react; if we are safe or not. When looking at a doll or clown, their faces are still and do not change at all. They look human but they do not act like one. It makes us disoriented and confused. We cannot react to it therefore we may feel uncomfortable or even scared.
https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2016/10/20/scientific-reason-why-you-are-afraid-of-dolls/21588359/
Fire
With fire, I wanted something that would remind people of this element. Things I was listing in my head were:
What also cought my attention were comments such as "all starts" or "bottom two2 that were used in the show. It immidietly reminded me of Ru Paul's drag Race. Both shows use those term as well as have their work room and similar rules to the show. The reason why I mentioning it here, i that in season 8 of Drag Race, drag queens had to designed a costume and makeup that was taken from the Oz character designes. One of the queen - Naomi Smalls, designed a beautiful costume of scarecrow.
▼△
(taken from pinterest
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/AY4xxV4M2X5v5fNmW0YNo5qZMQAmj4-OyICG9-tTrLJUBeU09vkfGUY/
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/309692911858253208/)
I really like how all of these artists used peces of diffeernt materials and put them together to create this amazing characters. As mentioned before, I will use many different materials, I will make them look destroyed as I go with the filming, because there will be flashes of the doll not being destroyed. It will be tricky but I know that I am able to do it.
I also looked at possible locations for my photographs and parts of the film. I wanted the place to be abandonded just like I mentioned before.. I looked for places that could work, and where not many people would be around so I would not destruct them with all the equiment. I found a closed asylium in Norwich with an empty garage. I thought it would work perfectly, but of course I do have to go on a recce to see if that would work and if the garage is still open.
- near by
I have also looked at two diffeernt websites:
1. http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/nine-extraordinary-derelict-and-abandoned-sites-in-norfolk-1-4603792
2. http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/seven-derelict-buildings-in-and-around-norwich-1-4611704
All the places seemed unreachable. I looked on google maps to see if there is any way of me getting there, but it seemed aalmost impossible The only onet place that I found possible for me to actually find and get into was Pinebanks on Yarmouth Road.
I do want to go on a recce to see if I can get into that place.


- Pinebanks Sports & Leisure Centre, 9 Yarmouth Rd, Norwich NR7 0EA
- near by
I have also looked at two diffeernt websites:
1. http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/nine-extraordinary-derelict-and-abandoned-sites-in-norfolk-1-4603792
2. http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/seven-derelict-buildings-in-and-around-norwich-1-4611704
All the places seemed unreachable. I looked on google maps to see if there is any way of me getting there, but it seemed aalmost impossible The only onet place that I found possible for me to actually find and get into was Pinebanks on Yarmouth Road.
I do want to go on a recce to see if I can get into that place.


For the soundtrack, I thought of having something dolly and creepy. I wanted soe opra and maybe music box sounds. I also tried to look for sounds of sewing and stiching on audio network.
- Flower Duet 2347/1314 mixesDelibesArr. Jeff Meegan | Julian Gallant | David Tobin Elegant, lilting soprano duet from Delibes' opera Lakme (1883)
- Bearded Lady 2757/210 mixesDavid O'Brien Quirky, enigmatic waltz on cimbalom, music box & pump organ
- All Is Not Lost 2730/712 mixesBen Parry | Benedict Madden Desolate piano & muted sustained strings with haunting boy treble
- Funfair Asylum 2655/822 mixesChris Blackwell Magical waltz with celeste & glock. Builds, surprisingly, to epic climax (only the begining)
- From Hell 1906/29 mixesPhilip Guyler Dark drone & music box builds with hammering drums (first 32 seconds)
- Ghostly Child 1507/51 mixesTerry Devine-King Relentless & sinister music box
▼△
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J95Je8QvC9c
Mask are associated with hiden persona. We are afraid of them and find them fascinating. We use it as a metaphore of hiding, lying, protecting or scheming. It is both associated with something evil and sad.
In ancient Greece, during theatrical performances, the actors would wear masks with emphesised lips and eyes, which would represent certain emotions. It was used for the audiences sitting too far to see the faces of actors and the emotions ritte on them.
-T. Dawn Gatling-Coates
In 15th century Masquerades were a great oportunity to have some fun. People would wear hideus masks and others had to guess whao that person is.
Masks have also less positive associations such as robery or violence. Wearing masks stops people from seeing who the person is, therefore allowing them to escape and not be charged for their actions.
Automatonophobia and pediophobia - fears of dolls and things that look humanlike. We are naturally looking for information written on a face, looking for response or emotion. We do it to know how to react; if we are safe or not. When looking at a doll or clown, their faces are still and do not change at all. They look human but they do not act like one. It makes us disoriented and confused. We cannot react to it therefore we may feel uncomfortable or even scared.
https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2016/10/20/scientific-reason-why-you-are-afraid-of-dolls/21588359/
Fire
With fire, I wanted something that would remind people of this element. Things I was listing in my head were:
- ash
- dust
- flames
- smoke
- smoke bombs
- cigarets
- light
- writing with light
- burning
- dance
- sex
- turning into dust
- lava
- explosion
- red material on a wind - the photographer and the music video
- scars
- dark, breaking skin
- demon
- hell
- love
- passion
- anger
I liked the idea of the dance the most. When I look at the flames they dance. They move in never the same directions and in different ways. Each movement is unique and directed by the wind and the intencity of the fire. That is why I wanted to link the idea of the wind with fire.
I looked at a beautiful music video to a song called Í Tokuni by Eivor.
In the music video, the singer dances on a wind with a long, see through fabric. She moves behind it giving the shapes created by the wind and material, more human look.
She also does float in th air, somethins completly disapear, making the material look like the ony thing in the frame.
I really like that image. I thought that I could do the same thing, by taking photogrpahs of my model, holding a red fabric. I would take the photo twice, to have the fabric and the plain bbackground, which I would then put together to get rid of the model.
I have looked at some fashion photography and how they used the flowy dresses on the wind. There is absolutely tones on these on google images.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=strict&client=firefox-b-ab&dcr=0&biw=1408&bih=667&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=ZCfNWu2TM9OugAbciY-ICA&q=dress+on+a+wind+photography&oq=dress+on+a+wind+photography&gs_l=psy-ab.3...18038.18790.0.18854.6.6.0.0.0.0.122.452.3j2.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.0.0....0.P5r5Rxlk1Y8#imgrc=Tm84-LM9a_OvWM:
That put me off a little. I did not want to do anything too similar to what have been already done.
I had similar problem with the smoke. It was used so many times and everywhere I did not know how to make it unique.
I have even found an artist who photogrpahs portraits and uses differet methods to deform a face. For example by using water or smoke.
Laurence Demaison (1965- ) produced a couple interestng series of self portrait, where she played wth the image of her own face to makeit more acceptable for her. Suffering from inability to accept and love her body, she used different editing techniques as well as water and glass to create an interesting and unique photogrpahs.

https://www.all-about-photo.com/photographers/photographer.php?id=65&name=laurence-demaison
I looked at these images, because the artist used a very interesting way to show themselves to people and they managed to make an interesting images without showing the inperfections that they wanted to hide.
Demaison also produced fenomenal portraits covered with smoke. They experimented with the light and dark, as well as ,in the past, reflection, repetition ad refraction. In her work she likes to play with human body and how it is being shown and seen.

Sadly, there is too many photograph of people, hands, faces and objects with smoke around them. As much as I would love to do such photogrpahs, and probably will eventually, for this project, I want it to be more unique.
I did not want to give up on the dance, because of the natural movement of the fire. I tried to link different words from my list with the word "dance" and I thought of light.
At first I look at photogrpaher that I found through a video where 4 different photographers had to photogrpah the same model, but using eahc others techniques.
▼△
Brandon Woelfel
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bran.wolf/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brandonwoelfel/
His work is based around light and marvelous editing techniques. I noticed that he sometimes does a simialr thing to me, where a rndom light or shape will show up in a corner of an image.
His work:

(taken from his Instagram)
My work:
I really would like to incooperate this feature within my own photogrpahs to give the emphesise on my style and the idea of light.
More of Woelfel's work shows his models souranded by light. I love his photogrpahs, ebcause they look magical and like they were taken out of a fairy tail. More than anything I adore his editing techniqes.
On his personal ccount, we can see the before and after he has done. They are truly spectacular. I like how the light becomes brighter and image softer, while still saty sharp and clear.
I am mostly interested in his photogrpahs taken in the dark. He has probably done it to ephesise the artificial light from fairylights or neon lights.

(taken from his Instagram)
It is important to me to try to re-create it, becaue I am planning to take photos in the forest due sunset to get very strong colors from the fire place.I believe that this artist may be a very good to look at in that sense.
I was also interested in writing with light. We have done something lke that for our creative worskshops, however I have nottaken much of the photogrpahs of the movement of the light, since I fell in love with the light themselfs. I have only a couple photographs of mine, actually showing the movement of the light:
I quited liked the idea of writing with light. My own phoogrpahs reminded me of different shapes that our mind looks for to recognise and tun into something that it remembers.
Pareidolia -
The scientific explanation for some people is pareidolia, or the human ability to see shapes or make pictures out of randomness.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pareidolia
Apophenia -
What psychologists call apophenia—the human tendency to see connections and patterns that are not really there
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apophenia
Psychtherapists use/used ink patterns for people to read from. Their patients would tell them what they see in a pattern and that way the psychotherapist could find a proble withing the one mind.

https://gdt.stanford.edu/how-do-you-create-apophenia/
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/randallmhankins/apophenia-pareidolia/?lp=true
We are often looking at the sky and we look for the shapes in clauds, or we wake up in the night and we are sure that there is someone else in the room. We are experiening pareidolia or apophenia. I really like it, because it focuses people to really look at the artwork and work out what they can see there.
When looking at my photogrpahs, they almost reminded me of the flames, and flames are random and in different shapes, which again can make us experience pareidolia or apophenia.
I could possibly take photogrpahs with a high ISO to make my model look like a string of light, like a flame. She would have almost human shape, which would have to be learned by the audience rather than being seen straight away. It would also represent the light, which I would probably add in editing or experimentation process.
I have previously experimented with that form of photogrpahy, and you can see it here: http://idependentclient.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/inspired-by-phil-oh.html
Another photogrpah that inspired me to do that was a photogrpah from a book
Patric Remy (2014) The Art of Fashion Photography Prestel London New York ( the book did not have the actual reference page)
The image that inspired me was taken by Billy Kidd (1980- )
His "Transience" exhibition is a very interesting approach to beauty and aging. To show the youth, he used nude young female bodies and to show the mature and old body, he used almost dead flowers. That way he showed that the beauty is not defined by the age.
http://www.anothermag.com/art-photography/3151/billy-kidd-on-transience
It also reminded me of Laurence Demaison who played with reflection, repetition ad refraction to create interesting body shapes that otherwise would never be possible to be seen.
I wanted to look more into this kind of photogrpahy and fine art. It did not only reminded me of flames, but also of ghosts, something blurry that we cannot quite see. It refferes to depression as something that is ghost like. We cannot really see it even if it is there. The image is changed, broken, as if depression could be a palpable creature. It can also mean that the person who suffers from deepression is like a ghost, like they are not really present at a certain moment.
https://petapixel.com/2012/12/20/blurry-long-exposure-portraits-showing-dancers-in-motion/
http://victorsong.me/blur/
I was thinking about the opening sequence for each of my films. I wanted it to aslo represent me in some way. Therefore I decided to show ymy love for vintage style and asthetic. I decided to use a countdown from old tv. I wanted to play around with it to see if it will work. I used a not gret application from my phone to edit the footage i a rough way to show what I am going for. I added the title of a book/exhibition and the title of the chapter. It aslo features the song from the crtain chapter and that, as well as the chapter title would change in each film.
I like what I made. I will make it way better when I can use premiere pro and play with the font and the way in which it will appear in.
I want the first couple of second of the footage and then I would use the last couple of seconds of it, so I dod not actually have the countdown there. I only want this old TV filter there. Then I would have my title of the exhibition show up ( i dont know if it will slowely appear or if I will use some other interesting technique). Then it will disapear and the chapter title will show up. Then the fiter will go darker (I would put a black image underteath and change the opacity of the filter) until the title stays on a black bacground and then they both disappear and the film starts. Another option is that there wont be black background but the film itself and then the title will disapear. I am not sure just yet and I will try both ways when editing.
As the song starts I may have the sound from the location to appear as well. For example the sound of fireplace or water.
Michele Parliament
https://www.juxtapoz.com/news/illustration/michele-parliaments-anatomical-worlds/
marco mazzoni
https://www.widewalls.ch/artist/marco-mazzoni/
This is a very brief research done only for the basic planing of what I actually want to produce. Some of the iformations from here will be discussed in more depth, when I am gonna plan and evaluate each of the chapters, in future posts.






































Comments
Post a Comment