Through the course, I have gained technical knowledge in many different fields such as camera and sound operating or animation and design. I have gained new skills and I also had the opportunity to develop the ones that I already had.
At the beginning of the course I was capable of using film and video editing software Premiere Pro, however, the course allowed me to polish those skills, learn new techniques of editing the footage and sound, and allowed me to work faster and more confidently.
Similarly, I have used cameras in the past, however, the course allowed me to practice and challenge my skills by using different lenses and kinds of cameras such as Canon 7D or large cameras from Epic Studios.
Before attending the course I was unable to use software such as Photoshop or InDesign. Through the work that I have produced for certain projects, I had the chance to learn how to use that software, which now, makes me capable of using them effectively.
Throughout the course, I was introduced to copy writing, script writing, web design, techniques of interviewing, filming and more. Those practices gave me both technical knowledge and practical experience; they also developed my social skills.
(here is a full list of the skills I have gained throughout the project: http://unit4ania.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/the-statement.html)
The course was built around many portfolios, therefore I have done a broad research on many different fields such as branding, advertisement, history of interviewing, documentary and narrative theories, history of fashion photography and more.
I used this research to learn about all of the things that I have looked at, therefore allowing me to understand them and use them in my own work.
2. Chosen Idea/Theme
My final project is a series of photographs, poems and films. It will be based on myself and who I am as an artist, for people to learn about me and the style of my work.
I chose those fields, due to my future career path; I want to work as a photographer, writer or editor (film and music video). It will be a great opportunity to show off my skills in photography, research and organization.
“Parasite Appetency” will be exhibit as if it was a book that people can get inside of. It will be divided into four chapters, each being filled with three poems, one film and five photographs. In the future, I am hoping to turn “Parasite Appetency” into a real book, which I can sell as my art persona - Luna Moon.
Parasite, meaning depression and Appetency, meaning longings and desires, will show how my mind works and deals with different experiences and thoughts. The chapters will be named by the four elements, representing my path as a Wiccan.
The films will show both good and evil mixed together, just like depression hides inside, showing like nothing's wrong outside. The photographs will follow the characters, costume or location from each film, to create a visual link between them.
The poetry is essential for people to try to understand the real meaning of each piece, looking for the words within the photographs or the films.
To create Parasite Appetency I need a model, a variety of props (costume, makeup, flowers etc.) and equipment (camera, sound, light, tripod) as well as locations: photography studio, a house or outside location. I have to contact possible places, where I could exhibit my work such as Open or my 6th Form. I will also have the opportunity to exhibit my work at the exhibition for my course.
For my research, I will be looking at:
- different artists - music, photography, drawing, film/tv shows and literature
- poetry - its history and conventions
- the science behind each element as well as symbolic and religious meanings behind them
- symbolic and religious meanings behind mise en scene.
- different uses of light in film and photography
- short videos with powerful messages behind them; I want to understand their structure and conventions.
- depression - personal experiences, examples from real life that I have been a part of, talking to people from our college who know more about that topic, specific artists or films etc, that focused on the topic of depression (analyse them, look at what the author tried to say and what techniques or symbols they used to show that)
- different forms of exhibitions and how they are managed together if an artist presents more than just one form of art
I also hope to gain more ideas as I go. Therefore more research techniques and topics will be covered.
To develop my ideas, I am of course planning to do a broad research. I will try to use the internet as well as talk to people who know more about certain things. I will look at a variety of books and artists. I will produce drawings, storyboards, tryouts in photography, costume, makeup and set design. I will analyse everything as I go analytically and in form of notes.
3. Evaluation
The ideas I have, every research, evaluation, planning and outcomes will be shown and analysed in my portfolio as the proof of my work and development. It will include analytical writing, research (both visual and written), images of my work or inspirations that I have, notes etc. I may be also asking people for their opinion on my work and record their view as a form of an interview.
At the end of the project, when I will exhibit my work. I am planning to record the event and then analyses it, using screenshots and analytical writing to reflect on what I have done. I will write about what I think went well and what I could improve on in the future.
The ideas I have, every research, evaluation, planning and outcomes will be shown and analysed in my portfolio as the proof of my work and development. It will include analytical writing, research (both visual and written), images of my work or inspirations that I have, notes etc. I may be also asking people for their opinion on my work and record their view as a form of an interview.
At the end of the project, when I will exhibit my work. I am planning to record the event and then analyses it, using screenshots and analytical writing to reflect on what I have done. I will write about what I think went well and what I could improve on in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment