Today we were introduced to many ways in which we can find inspiration from.
1st. The mind map of our personal interests and inspirations.
This helped me with understanding who I am and what my interests are. It was a good first step, where I could find out what the things I like are and therefore, what it could potentially be, that I can do for my Unit 8 project.
When all of us finished their mind maps, we were put into pairs. We read each others mind maps and added things that they could be potentially interested in. It allowed us to get help from others who can see us form another perspective. It is always slightly different for other than it is for us. Learning what others have to say about you is helpful if there is something you can improve on.
2nd ask others for help
When we were done with that, each of us chose one of our interests. Two or three people were put into small groups with a large piece of paper making a mind map of things that we could potentially do for a particular interests.
For example, I was interested in poetry. Three people gathered together and started coming up with different ideas of what I could do with the subject of poetry.
I have done the same for two people. One of them was interested in masks and the other in trains.
It was a very interesting exercise. People writing up ideas did not know what I am planning to do about poetry. They just wrote down everything that they could think of that had to do with this subject. It was very helpful, because they looked at it from different perspective.
I really liked the idea of neon words. I really liked because it is something futuristic to me. It is also a very interesting way in giving information or exhibiting work. The light and shapes can give completely different meaning to a poem. For example I could use bright colour of neaon, but use it to shape word "darkness" from it.
3rd Free writing
We had to spend 5 minutes on free writing. Not thinking about what we were writing, but just doing it. It meant to allow us with opening our minds on thought we did not let in before.
I ended up about the meaning of my nickname and then in turn to be the meaning of moon and what it means to me.
We had to start with "I am..."
I am Luna Moon. I chose this nickname because it had a beautiful name in it "Luna", and "moon" which is something I love and respect. People make fun of it, but I still love it. When designing the logo, my logo, I knew I had to use a epicure of moon and I did. Then I made business cards, and once again, I used ab image of moon.
Moon represents my art, nickname and the love to nature.
Moon represents Goddess, the one that started the life on Earth, when she kept the planet in place after the Big Bang. The Earth grew and now Moon controls its seas and other important factors that make the Earth good for people to leave on. She represents femininity and everything to do with them. It controls their menstruation circle.
Moon controls plants and give light in the darkness. I love Moon. It makes me calm, yet it stops me from sleeping when it is in its full phase. I find it exciting to look at.
This technique was not so helpful. I much rather prefer to look at things and think how I could use them for myself.
4th Free drawing
We had to draw whatever came to our mind in 5 minutes.
This technique also ended up no being the right one. The image I had in my head was the one inspired by what I have written for my "free writing" since it was the last creative thing I have done.
5th The Morphological Matrix
I have done my own morphological matrix using the word "depression".
I am not a huge fan of this technique, however my mind works in a similar way. The difference is that I like to make lists/ They make so much sense to me. If I had an idea I would just list everything that is possible about it and then do some research on these things and slowely make the list longer, until I would find the perfect idea and then I would expand it towards the final outcome.
6th Artefacts
We were asked to bring some artefacts that are interesting to us. I have listed them in my "the inspiration" post, at the end of it - http://unit8annaolesinska.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/the-inspiration.html
With these, we presented them to each other . We said what they are, where they are from and why we find them interesting or important. Then we were put into groups and we had to come up with a new way in which we can get inspired, using the artefacts.
My idea - Detailed mindmap on only one object. List things such as when, where and how you got it, what you do with it, how it looks like, how you feel about it etc.
When I presented my idea to the group they all had to do this exercise.
The next person - choose 6 objects (not yours) and tell a story, using them.
My story - I am a wizard and I like to travel. I use my light up globe to travel places. The globe activates with the spell of applying the multicolored nail varnish. On my journeys I always take my notebook, pen and glasses. I note what I see and I use the glasses to see the magical part of the world. To get back to my room from where ever I am, I need to use my Tardis.
Another person - drawing an object from a new perspective
I drew a notebook that when you open it, has its writing and drawing levitate above the book so it is easier to read, even in darkness as well as you can easly move things around and make links between them.
The last person - finding links between 3 different objects
I listed a notebook, a pen and glasses as a writer kit.
I am not sure what to think about these methods. I quite liked all of them, but the one with coming up with a story. I see how it could help with comming up with an idea, but it is not something I would enjoy doing.
I think my favorite one is the drawing an object from a new perspective. I like the way in which it forces you to think creatively. As a list maker and someone who needs to draw to explain things (sometimes), it was a great way to come up with some new ideas.
7th Ideas Factory
The idea was to make our ideas more official. It meant to be like a base for our further expermentation with what we came up with.
After writing these up, we had to include 5 pieces of visual researh for each idea.
Idea 1
Idea 2
Idea 3
Idea 4
Idea 5
8th Transalte realistic to abstract
As mentioned before, the "ideas factory" meant to be a base for our experimentation, that "translating realistic to abstract" was the experimentation, where we could challange our ideas.
It was something that brought me closer to my 2list making" nature. From that point I made a short list of possible ideas:
Video
We meant to decide on what exercise we want to do for 45minutes that will be a part of planning for one of our ideas.
I decided to make a story board to one of my poems, to see if I will be actually able to come up with anything good.
I firstly look through my instagram, where I post my poetry. I choosed the poem:
You kept tattooing my skin with your lips
Until the only thought I had was
I wanted to have a model and I would film them being covered in honey. The film would show some of their body parts being covered in the sticky liquid in close ups. Close to the end of the film, the model would touch the body parts such as shoulder or stomach, where there would be lots of the honey. At some point their hand would travell from their stomach downwards. When the hand would disapear from the frame, I would show the models face for the first time, whichwould simbolise orgasm, pleasure; just give the meaning to the story I am showing through the video.
Here is the storyboard:
The storyboard was not properly finished because I did not have more time to do it, but that was ok. I knew exactly how I wanted it to look and, also this idea was not the idea that I planned to realise for m final project.
10th Sharing our ideas
At the end of the day, we decided on 2 or three ideas that we presented to our group. Everyone else said what they liked and did not like. They made sugestions towads the project or possible research.
Sadly I was not given a chance to actually present all of my ideas. I had one with abandonded places where I would decorate them with preety, normal life objets For example I would have a table with ready dinner on it, but it would be placed in an abandoned place to represent that the depression is hidden inside and it is hard to see it from the outside. I did tell them that it will most likaly not work, because there is not really a location such like that. My tutor agreeed with me, yet when I asked if I can present other ideas which I can actually do, she told me that I cannot and that i "knowwhat I am doing" which was not really right.
11th Visual research
We looked through some books and magzines to find things that interested us or inspired us. It was a great fun, because I am obsessed with pinterst and instagram and art that I can find there. I also love books and looking for information from phisical objects.
here I really liked that the person had their face painted over. It kinda works with my asthetic of collage and heavy editing. It also looks like work of many other artsts who deform or hide a face of their subject to present some kind of meaning behind it such as low selfestime, depression or anxiety.
I absolutely adore these photogrpahs. They remind me of my work in 6th form where I would paint on my models or use writing on top of my photographs. It also reminds me a lot about my projection photos. It also has something to do with poetry and I feel like it is a very interesting way in which I could present my work.
Examples of my work that I just mentioned:


My absolute favorite was the photogrpahs of abandoned places. It made mething of the idea that I presented to my group of photogrpahing normal life oject such as table with a dinner on it, in an abandoned location. I always find them fascination and I want to know te history of that place, and moreover be there and explore.
12th Observational research
We had to go outside of the classroom and observe things through photogrpahy or noting what other people are saying, hoping to find something that inspires us. Since I wanted my project to be based on photography, I decided to take some photos.
This photo was taken because I have a wierd love for patterns. I have taken some more like that.
This photo was taken, because through my work I want to capture something that others may not see or notice.
this photo shows the broken glass - so I would like to show broken mind and soul.
I am a wiccan and I would like to incooperate nature into my work.
I want my work to show my true self, my asthetic and skills.
I want to talk about depression and show how dark it is on the inside and that we cannot really see it from the outside.
1st. The mind map of our personal interests and inspirations.
This helped me with understanding who I am and what my interests are. It was a good first step, where I could find out what the things I like are and therefore, what it could potentially be, that I can do for my Unit 8 project.
When all of us finished their mind maps, we were put into pairs. We read each others mind maps and added things that they could be potentially interested in. It allowed us to get help from others who can see us form another perspective. It is always slightly different for other than it is for us. Learning what others have to say about you is helpful if there is something you can improve on.
2nd ask others for help
When we were done with that, each of us chose one of our interests. Two or three people were put into small groups with a large piece of paper making a mind map of things that we could potentially do for a particular interests.
For example, I was interested in poetry. Three people gathered together and started coming up with different ideas of what I could do with the subject of poetry.
I have done the same for two people. One of them was interested in masks and the other in trains.
It was a very interesting exercise. People writing up ideas did not know what I am planning to do about poetry. They just wrote down everything that they could think of that had to do with this subject. It was very helpful, because they looked at it from different perspective.
I really liked the idea of neon words. I really liked because it is something futuristic to me. It is also a very interesting way in giving information or exhibiting work. The light and shapes can give completely different meaning to a poem. For example I could use bright colour of neaon, but use it to shape word "darkness" from it.
3rd Free writing
We had to spend 5 minutes on free writing. Not thinking about what we were writing, but just doing it. It meant to allow us with opening our minds on thought we did not let in before.
I ended up about the meaning of my nickname and then in turn to be the meaning of moon and what it means to me.
We had to start with "I am..."
I am Luna Moon. I chose this nickname because it had a beautiful name in it "Luna", and "moon" which is something I love and respect. People make fun of it, but I still love it. When designing the logo, my logo, I knew I had to use a epicure of moon and I did. Then I made business cards, and once again, I used ab image of moon.
Moon represents my art, nickname and the love to nature.
Moon represents Goddess, the one that started the life on Earth, when she kept the planet in place after the Big Bang. The Earth grew and now Moon controls its seas and other important factors that make the Earth good for people to leave on. She represents femininity and everything to do with them. It controls their menstruation circle.
Moon controls plants and give light in the darkness. I love Moon. It makes me calm, yet it stops me from sleeping when it is in its full phase. I find it exciting to look at.
This technique was not so helpful. I much rather prefer to look at things and think how I could use them for myself.
4th Free drawing
We had to draw whatever came to our mind in 5 minutes.
This technique also ended up no being the right one. The image I had in my head was the one inspired by what I have written for my "free writing" since it was the last creative thing I have done.
5th The Morphological Matrix
I have done my own morphological matrix using the word "depression".
I am not a huge fan of this technique, however my mind works in a similar way. The difference is that I like to make lists/ They make so much sense to me. If I had an idea I would just list everything that is possible about it and then do some research on these things and slowely make the list longer, until I would find the perfect idea and then I would expand it towards the final outcome.
6th Artefacts
We were asked to bring some artefacts that are interesting to us. I have listed them in my "the inspiration" post, at the end of it - http://unit8annaolesinska.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/the-inspiration.html
With these, we presented them to each other . We said what they are, where they are from and why we find them interesting or important. Then we were put into groups and we had to come up with a new way in which we can get inspired, using the artefacts.
My idea - Detailed mindmap on only one object. List things such as when, where and how you got it, what you do with it, how it looks like, how you feel about it etc.
When I presented my idea to the group they all had to do this exercise.
The next person - choose 6 objects (not yours) and tell a story, using them.
My story - I am a wizard and I like to travel. I use my light up globe to travel places. The globe activates with the spell of applying the multicolored nail varnish. On my journeys I always take my notebook, pen and glasses. I note what I see and I use the glasses to see the magical part of the world. To get back to my room from where ever I am, I need to use my Tardis.
Another person - drawing an object from a new perspective
I drew a notebook that when you open it, has its writing and drawing levitate above the book so it is easier to read, even in darkness as well as you can easly move things around and make links between them.
The last person - finding links between 3 different objects
I listed a notebook, a pen and glasses as a writer kit.
I am not sure what to think about these methods. I quite liked all of them, but the one with coming up with a story. I see how it could help with comming up with an idea, but it is not something I would enjoy doing.
I think my favorite one is the drawing an object from a new perspective. I like the way in which it forces you to think creatively. As a list maker and someone who needs to draw to explain things (sometimes), it was a great way to come up with some new ideas.
7th Ideas Factory
The idea was to make our ideas more official. It meant to be like a base for our further expermentation with what we came up with.
After writing these up, we had to include 5 pieces of visual researh for each idea.
Idea 1
Idea 2
Idea 3
Idea 4
Idea 5
8th Transalte realistic to abstract
As mentioned before, the "ideas factory" meant to be a base for our experimentation, that "translating realistic to abstract" was the experimentation, where we could challange our ideas.
It was something that brought me closer to my 2list making" nature. From that point I made a short list of possible ideas:
Video
- body parts
- text shows
- text written on a model
- location
- fruits
- edited (vintage, dark)
- music
- light
- props
- color
- read and not read poems
- pure
- smashing something (breaking glass etc.)
- portraits
- abandoned places with things that remind of normal life
- urban
- light
- props
- color
- set up
- double exposure
- written on a model
- highlyl edited
- drown
- college
- hand writtten
We meant to decide on what exercise we want to do for 45minutes that will be a part of planning for one of our ideas.
I decided to make a story board to one of my poems, to see if I will be actually able to come up with anything good.
I firstly look through my instagram, where I post my poetry. I choosed the poem:
You kept tattooing my skin with your lips
Until the only thought I had was
YOU
The poem was written after my first kiss with my parter. They would kiss me in the morning and when I was alone the same day, but in the evening I could feel their lips on mine. So it felt like a tattoo. Something that is one given and stay with you for a very long time. And that made me think about my partner, also for a very long time.
The poem is also about our sex life and talks about oral sex specyfically. It shows how the care I was treated with would not disappear, but stay with me at all times.
I tried to think of something that can be sexual and yet wont scream SEX at my audience.
I thought of honey. Honey is sweet and dense and can be even erotic. It can refere to love and sex and kissing and orgasm.
I wanted to have a model and I would film them being covered in honey. The film would show some of their body parts being covered in the sticky liquid in close ups. Close to the end of the film, the model would touch the body parts such as shoulder or stomach, where there would be lots of the honey. At some point their hand would travell from their stomach downwards. When the hand would disapear from the frame, I would show the models face for the first time, whichwould simbolise orgasm, pleasure; just give the meaning to the story I am showing through the video.
Here is the storyboard:
The storyboard was not properly finished because I did not have more time to do it, but that was ok. I knew exactly how I wanted it to look and, also this idea was not the idea that I planned to realise for m final project.
10th Sharing our ideas
At the end of the day, we decided on 2 or three ideas that we presented to our group. Everyone else said what they liked and did not like. They made sugestions towads the project or possible research.
Sadly I was not given a chance to actually present all of my ideas. I had one with abandonded places where I would decorate them with preety, normal life objets For example I would have a table with ready dinner on it, but it would be placed in an abandoned place to represent that the depression is hidden inside and it is hard to see it from the outside. I did tell them that it will most likaly not work, because there is not really a location such like that. My tutor agreeed with me, yet when I asked if I can present other ideas which I can actually do, she told me that I cannot and that i "knowwhat I am doing" which was not really right.
11th Visual research
We looked through some books and magzines to find things that interested us or inspired us. It was a great fun, because I am obsessed with pinterst and instagram and art that I can find there. I also love books and looking for information from phisical objects.
here I really liked that the person had their face painted over. It kinda works with my asthetic of collage and heavy editing. It also looks like work of many other artsts who deform or hide a face of their subject to present some kind of meaning behind it such as low selfestime, depression or anxiety.
I absolutely adore these photogrpahs. They remind me of my work in 6th form where I would paint on my models or use writing on top of my photographs. It also reminds me a lot about my projection photos. It also has something to do with poetry and I feel like it is a very interesting way in which I could present my work.Examples of my work that I just mentioned:


My absolute favorite was the photogrpahs of abandoned places. It made mething of the idea that I presented to my group of photogrpahing normal life oject such as table with a dinner on it, in an abandoned location. I always find them fascination and I want to know te history of that place, and moreover be there and explore.12th Observational research
We had to go outside of the classroom and observe things through photogrpahy or noting what other people are saying, hoping to find something that inspires us. Since I wanted my project to be based on photography, I decided to take some photos.
This photo was taken because I have a wierd love for patterns. I have taken some more like that.This photo was taken, because through my work I want to capture something that others may not see or notice.
this photo shows the broken glass - so I would like to show broken mind and soul.
I am a wiccan and I would like to incooperate nature into my work.
I want my work to show my true self, my asthetic and skills.
I want to talk about depression and show how dark it is on the inside and that we cannot really see it from the outside.







































Comments
Post a Comment