The inspiration

The selection of artists that I find interesting 




Rupi Kaur  (1992- )
Website: https://rupikaur.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rupikaur_/?hl=en
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7c1LIe2w-kYfqzXTC7adgw













(photo taken from her website)  

She is an author of two amazing poetry books "milk and honey" (2014)  and "the sun and her flowers"(2017), where she not only presented her stunning poems but also interesting line work. 

milk and honey 
(photo taken from google images) 

The book is divided into four chapters: "the hurting", "the loving", "the breaking" and "the healing". 

Kaur talk about her life completely naked. We can see her skin and tears and all the wounds that tattooed her body for 21 years. 

She talks about love, loss, loving, sex, violence and abuse, and self love. In the last chapter she strongly presents her acceptance with femininity and the acceptance of the body females are born with. 


Her story is moving and words are powerful. Her style of simplicity is incredibly inspiring to me. Before I used to write very long poems, but with Kaur I learned to use little, but powerful words to get my thoughts, emotions and experiences across. I felt like one word can leave stronger impact than a whole paragraph. 

Kaur's work become very important to me; personal even.  I found her words so honest and personal I started feeling like I am talking to a friend who tell me her secrets, worries and hopes. It got to the point where it was odd to tell people about her poetry. It felt like it was a secret between me and her and I believe that people who read the book felt the same.  

the sun and her flowers  
(photo taken from google images)

The book was published no very long after the first one. I had to buy it. 
It broke my heart and it put it in places over again. It felt like the sun and her flowers was even more honest, powerful and heartwarming than honey and milk was. 
I think that Kaur was encouraged by the response she got from people all around the world, to open up a bit more. 
She told her story of rape and abuse, the loss and for me, most importantly, her mother. 

She told us the story of her parents leaving their country and it was incredibly moving part of the book for me. "Her accent is thick like honey" is a part of a very moving poem where she talks with the greatest of loves and respects about her mother. Mine left her home after 40 years so my brother and I could live good lives. Once again Kaur become my friend who understands and comforts while being comforted by being heard and understood.  

Things she say about self love, about love and loss are a great inspiration to me as well as her style of writing. She is for sure one of the greatest inspirations of mine.  

But this is not everything that Kaur has to offer. She also takes photographs to show her opinions and believes. 
I really liked some of them, especially the "period" project, where she photographed herself having period. It was a project that she wanted to challenge the taboo of periods. 










 
(photos taken from her website: https://rupikaur.com/period/)


She posted those on Instagram some time ago, but they were deleted, which only shows how fusty our society is. 

I absolutely loved this project. I strongly agree with her. Making period seem as something normal, which is, is a great idea. Period happens to majority of females all around the world, every moth for many, many years. Period allows them to give life to more of humankind, yet we are forced by the social norms not to talk about it loud, look down on because of it or seen as disgusting during the time of period. Perfect example can be sanitary pads advertisement, where the blood is nowhere to be seen. The only females we see are dancing, happy ones, where reality could not be more far away from that. 

"Fem-care advertising is so sterilized and so removed from what a period is. You never see a bathroom, you never see a woman using a product. They never show someone having cramps or her face breaking out or tearful — it’s always happy, playful, sporty women."
Elissa Stein, co-author of Flow: The Cultural Story of Menstruation New York Times (2010)


Another of her projects "Anatomy" was equally important. Kaur focused on half cut fruits, to represent the body of female body and the fact that despite it color or shape is it still a part of human body and it should never be over - sexualised as it is, but respected. 

 












(photos taken from her website: https://rupikaur.com/anatomy/)


I like her work especially because I also try to represent those believes through my work and myself as a person. 

In my photographs for Big C I added a little thing about nipples and using them as a sexual attraction for males and how it is unfair and that all nipples should be fine to be shown or none. My female model did not wear a bra for any of the shoots as the statement of that. 

 







(my photogrpahs)


 Aurora (1996 - )
Website: http://www.aurora-music.com/warriors-and-weirdos/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iamAURORA
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/auroramusic/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/iamAURORAVEVO
Twitter: https://twitter.com/auroramusic














(photo taken from google images)


Aurora is a singer from Norwegian. Her songs are build from her poetry and her inspiration is the nature, places she has been to and people she met. Her first song was "Running with the Wolfes" (2015).

She is the weirdest and unique people I have ever seen. She is very pure and honest; in love with nature. She is a very wise person, accepting all the good and bad in life; taking all of those experiences, learning from them and gaining inspiration for everything that happens to her. 

Her music is incredibly soft, sad and yet it makes you want to laugh and dance.
She writes sad lyrics, but she wants to show people that sadness is also an emotion that we should not be afraid of. That it is a part of our life and without it we could not grow as people. 

It is very important to me as a person suffering anxiety and mild depression, I find it comforting. 

As poetry writer she is a great inspiration to me, but also her way of seeing life and living is also inspiring to me. She is a great role model for everyone.  

Her music, link with the nature and personality is something I can see myself in. There is lots of similarities in us and there is also a lot of differences. The positives she carries inspire me to become a better person and better artist. 

▼△ 






Dustin Bailard
Website: http://www.dustinbailard.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dustinbailard/
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dustinbailard  
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dbailard/

















(photo screenshot from his Instagram)


Bailard started as makeup artist and from there he decided to go into fine art. His pixie/elf like creatures are presented in vibrant colors of oils or in simplicity of pencils. 

His work represents the nature and its wildness as well as emotions; loss, love and longing. He is inspired by nature and spiritual world as well as his personal experiences.    













 (photos screenshot from his Instagram)


I love his images; the unnatural shapes and the realistic coloring and shading. It kind o makes a bridge between fantasy and real world. As Wiccan I have a great appreciation to his work, as well as a person who loves fantasy and loves the idea of faeries and magic. 

Again, he is another artist who takes their art very personally and do not hide their emotions. They put them onto a canvas and let others to see it and both look for the meaning of the work through the artist's eyes as well as finding the meaning within themselves which I want to do in my art as well. 

I love how careful and yet dark Bailard's work is. It kind of makes the best out of both worlds - love and not being able to have that love. 

His style is creepy and iconic - everything I look for in fine art. 

As a artist myself I keep my work also on the edge of reality and fantasy. Some people may consider my art realistic due to the shapes, detail and coloring, yet they still do not look fully natural, which I think makes them interesting to look at. 












(my pieces)

               

 Veronika       
Website: https://heartbeatsblog.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kutovakika/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KutovaKika
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/kutovakika/














(photo taken from her website: https://heartbeatsblog.com/about/) 



Veronika loves to make things from nothing. She fins it fascinating and inspiring to turn simple, mundane objects into something magical and creative. 

Her work includes foods and simple objects. It is so simple, most of the time I think "why haven't I think of that?", yet it is very creative and beautiful. She combines her talent to use things like popcorn or coffee and make "illustrations" with them and the talent of taking photographs that make the whole piece feel real and magical. 


       










(photos screenshot from her Instagram)

I really like what she is doing, because it is incredibly creative and inspiring. It encourages anyone to make art. Veronika is a great role model for any artist who is creatively stuck and cannot think of anything they can do. Seeing how simple things can become an art, it helps to build the ideas and expand them into the work we want to produce.

As an artist, my main medium is collage. I use lots of different things to create my work from paper to sand or tea. Veronika's work is a great inspiration for me for the medium that I can use. It proves me that there are no boundaries and as long as I want to use something, I should go for it and see how it looks like.





(my artwork)


Other artists that inspire me



Elisa 
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/press_liz/  










(screenshoot of the profile picture from their instagram)

They are an artist and founder of media agency which helps people with managing their social media and marketing http://honett-agency.com/

As and artist, I adore her photography and the vintage filters they use on top of their photos. I love anything to do with vintage such as photography or objects. It is also mostly brown and dark yellow. Two colors I really like and which are seen throughout my ascetic a lot. 

They art is in form of small and simplistic paintings. A lot of them show flowers, which I also love. Looking through their Instagram always inspire me to create art or dress up in certain clothes.  

 









(screenshot from her Instagram)







 Jessy Krefft
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jessykrefft/  









(screenshot of the profile picture from their Instagram)


Similarly to Elisa, Krefft photographs and ascetic inspires me to create and express myself through clothing. 

 










(screenshots from her Instagram)  



 Anastasjia Louise
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainAnastasjia/about
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/anastasjia/
Twitter:https://twitter.com/AnastasjiaLuna
















(photo taken from google images) 

Louise has a YouTube channel, where she talks about her fashion, passion for nature and astrology as well as self love and anxiety as well as other mental disorders. 

Her attitude to life and trying to never give up is very inspiring and heartwarming. She is a very positive soul that I enjoy to listen to, because things she talks to make me feel better about myself and  who I am. It is also comforting to know that other people also suffer different obstacles in their life. Listening to their stories and ways in which they deal with it as well as seeing their support really helps. 

Louise also has an amazing Instagram page, and her photography as well as aesthetic feeds my hunger for flowers, nature and coldness. 

Her aesthetic always inspires me to create and embrace my style even more. 














(screenshot from her Instagram)



                                               Krzysztof Gonciarz (1985 - )

Website: http://krzysztofgonciarz.com/#
Production website: http://tofu.media/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzuvRWjh7k1SZm1RvqvIx4w
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QOjSZmJuYgb98BAzKfzig
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUwagaPies
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kgonciarz/?hl=en
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kgonciarz
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kgonciarz
 (image taken from his YouTube channel)

He is a travel vloger, currently based in Tokyo Japan. He started filming in Japan with his friend, trying to make Japan seem more causal, yet showing interesting, unusual even places and people. He decided to stay there and he ended up creating his own media company based in Tokyo with clients from all around the world. Mean time, he kept vloging almost everyday for a couple of years now. Hes ambition is to make the best vlogs on YouTube. He tries many different cameras and lenses as well as technologies and props, to make his vlogs unique and creative. He never stops learning and exploring, as well as looking for inspirations and challenges. 
His vlogs show him traveling, doing his mundane things  or show him working for clients etc. Sometimes, Gonciarz meets with interesting people in interesting places, to make entertaining content. 
I find him inspiring by his knowledge on numerous of things as well as the hunger for knowing even more. His ascetic is stunning as well as his filming and editing skills. 
He never gives up and keep on experimenting which inspires me to try new things and get of my small box of comfortable, to meet new people and learn new things. 
He inspires me visually to create and he inspires me to keep on trying and learning new things everyday. 
I have mentioned him a lot during our Mini Doc project. He was a great help, when I was stuck with editing. 
▼△
 Interesting artifacts from my house and why they are interesting:


 An Apple necklace from 80s 


















I chose this object, because it is something important to me. It was given to me by my tutor, who only knew me for a couple of moths, but they knew that I liked vintage and retro things and photographs. It meant a lot to me to be give something that was theirs at some point with a thought of me. 
 
 A postcard from 1992


















I choose this item, because it was sch a important moment for me, when I found this postcard. It was beautiful, odd and unusual. I liked everything about it. The model, the light, colors, costume and props. I was so amazed by it I kept looking for the artists and then the model, but I could only find the artists of that photograph. I find it fascinating and I still want to find out who is the model on that photograph. 
 
Book on Wicca











This book is very important to me, because it was something I used to learn about Wicca and something I keep going back to. As Wiccan, it is important to me to explore, learn and experience. Everything that I can use to learn about the nature and the history of Wicca and witchcraft becomes important to me.

Comments